Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

WEEK 2 IN THE MTC . . .

So grateful to loving leaders who help us to see the big picture when Mom and Dad aren't there. Already seeing the tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father in Elder McEwan's mission.

July 13, 2016

Hi Everyone,



So today is the start of week two and I just have to say that I never want to come home because I love teaching the gospel and I love the people I have been teaching in my TRC training.

Elder McEwan & Elder Bowler
So what’s been going on with everyone? How was the reunion and the family? I saw that Dylan passed drivers ed and that he won’t be getting pulled over or else I’ll come home to teach him a lesson ;) but how is work stuff and the basement and my garden !?:)

So last week was a blast. I met my comp and he is from Enterprise, Utah and plays baseball. His name is Elder Bowler and he is super awesome. In my district there are only 4 of us going to Macon but in my zone it’s about 12 or 14 with 3 sisters going as well.

Elder McEwan & Elder Christensen (Salem Hills Buddies)
So recently people have been questioning me and my age because everyone thinks I’m too young and that I don’t look like a missionary. The first time I was questioned, I didn’t really feel anything but then some other missionaries, even senior couples were saying, “Elder, really you can’t be in here because this is only for missionary work not to look for brothers.  I thought, “Well I don’t know any more if I can do this when other members are telling me that I don’t look like a missionary. I was super down on myself and was really set on talking to my district president to send me home because it was too hard to have people tell me this. I was really crying because I wanted to be a great missionary but then my people I live with and talk to (all mtc) were being this way. So I talked to my district president and his wife and his wife said, "Who says they get to question if you’re a missionary when a servant of the Lord called you to serve?" She was also telling me that if I didn’t have my name tag that would be different. I thought about Elder Bednard’s Christmas devotional a few years back when he talked to the MTC and said, "This is not about you. There is no "I" . This is about the Lord and his work." And I just thought that is so true that we are never on our time (I am feeling this is going by so fast) but that this is the work of the Lord and we are just the messengers and voices for him to help his brothers and sisters come unto Him and live His teachings.
Elder McEwan & Elder Watson (Salem Hills Buddies)

I love each and every one of you and hope you are having fun :)

Love Elder McEwan

PS Send me letters! I am getting lonely out here. Also we have been told that our departure is the 25th of July but we haven’t had that confirmed.
--
2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment