Translate

Monday, October 24, 2016

WHAT ARE WE REALLY GRATEFUL FOR . . .

October 24, 2016

Hi Ya'll,

So this week was a really great week out here in Valdosta. I have a new comp his name is Elder Mashburn and he is from Utah (Clintonville). He has been out 9 months and it has been a really great week:) We were able to meet with a ton of people to help them see the importance of going to church and the reason we have the Book of Mormon. It has been great getting out and doing the Lord's work and helping bring souls unto him. I hope all is well with ya'll at home and I know that with the Lord's hand in our lives we can accomplish anything in front of us :)'

So the week's run down goes like this:

Monday for the activity we went to a play at the high school and it was really good. They put on Footloose and that was something. I was like, "Wow I am in Georgia but they are doing a play that was filmed in my home state." :)

Tuesday I got my new comp and that was really awesome. We are working well together and I pray everyday that we can find at least one new person to teach.

Wednesday thru the end of the week was pretty awesome and I learned so much. Me and Elder Mashburn got to teach a lesson to a kid that wanted to know more about the Book of Mormon:). We met him at the church and he told us from the beginning that he wasn't looking to convert that he had just seen the Book of Mormon play and wanted to know more about it from actual missionaries. We talked for awhile and after two hours he had a Book of Mormon and was saying, "Well maybe I would like to learn more." It was so wonderful that this was able to happen and I couldn't have asked for a more joyous day.

This past week we spent a lot of time doing service and helping others and it was a blessing to have good health to be able to do this stuff. On Friday we were able to help move a member and her daughter and that was great cause they really love us and all of that. Saturday we had time to go help out two families that needed it. First in the morning we had the opportunity to help move and fellowship a less active person, which was fun because they ended up coming to church yesterday and that was awesome!!!!! That evening we went to help another family with some yard work. They are kind of elderly and needed the extra hands to help. We ate dinner at a members house (the Van Horns) and that was really good. We had hamburgers and fries plus Sister Van Horn had made some pumpkin pie for us and it was delicious. The members and even some nonmembers really look after us and make sure we are well kept:).

Well I love ya'll so much and I can't wait to talk to you on Christmas and tell you guys more:).

Hope everything is going well and everyone is being safe back at home.

Love,
Elder McEwan

PS I was hit while riding my bike with a caramel apple. I was just so glad that I had my helmet on.
--
2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment