Translate

Monday, August 8, 2016

ELDER vs BIKE . . .

August 8, 2016

Dear Family,

Elders in Valdosta
So time is flyin’ out here! It’s amazing that I have been out here for about 1 month on the mission and I couldn’t ask for a better place to be. There has been so much going on out here but still no baptisms. We have been talking to people and they are willing to listen . . . Finally!

The awesome and funny thing about the south so far is that they "HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAVED" I told Elder Benesh that I wanted to be like, “So if you have been saved then why am I standing on the front porch of your house?” But i didn’t because that wouldn’t have been very nice :).
On Thursday we were biking and I hate biking in the heat because I literally die every day. It started down pouring on us and we were about 15 miles away from our apartment. We went to a bunch of houses and no one was home, or they saw that the Mormons were coming hahaha. We were leaving a house and my bike lost control and I went over my handle bars. It was not very pleasant. My bike and clothes are fine, just my hands and arms got scraped up. We had dinner that night with the members and I haven’t been able to work out because I scraped my hands pretty bad.
Me & Elder Benesh "biking it"
Saturday we were knocking doors and then found three Methodists who let us come in and talk. They said we could come by anytime and talk about Christ. As we were leaving two boys came to me and said how old are you? And I told them Ii was 18 and they didn’t believe me. They asked if I was a virgin and I said yes I am because it is important to save that until you find someone that you marry and can share that with and then went into the law of chastity. It was a good experience to teach that lesson and be completely honest with them:)

So that is cool that ya’ll have had a busy week. Have fun at all of the Salem Days activities this week :).

So how’s the wedding coming along? Garrett, I am the best man because I am getting ready to give my speech.

Love ya’ll so very much :)

Elder McEwan
--
2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment