Translate

Monday, August 15, 2016

WEEK OF GREATNESS . . .

August 15, 2016

Dear Family,

So i guess I will be speaking in a new ward when I get home, kind of weird that you guys would send that this week. I had told my comp that it would be funny if my family moved and I didn't know anyone in the "new ward". So that will be exciting. Why did they do that and who are all the bishops etc?

So this week was definitely exciting because we have not had any success this week.Everyone is baptist and they have been "saved" by Christ. I told them that they should take this card and see what our church has to offer:) We had zone meeting on Thursday and it was super good to hear what other missionaries had to offer for help and guidance. We never truly are humble until we hear something from God through others that are applying those words to their teachings:).

Yesterday we had Stake Conference and it was super awesome. We had Elder Sitati from the Seventy come and it was very needed in our stake. Our area has a lot of in actives. On the prospective Elders list that we have for our ward we have a total of 156 prospective Elders, not to mention the Elders sheet that has a ton of in actives (like 145) so we could potentially have multiple wards down here in Valdosta, but it's got to be a priority to help the ward stay active. Elder Sitati made it very clear that we need more member missionary work in the church in these days because of how much confusion there is in this world.

We met an inactive member yesterday and his wife isn't a member. They invited us to dinner tonight and we are going to hopefully share a message.

Football season is starting up down here and they are good and would wreck any of the teams back home even Bingham.

Thank you for "greenie" package and the blue package!
I know that through patience and hard work all things are made easy through the eyes of Christ.We all just need to realize that through Christ our lives would only get easier and we would be a lot happier.

I taught an investigator on Friday about the "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet and he really wants one so that is great:0. We had to drop an investigator because he wants to bash the Book of Mormon with the Bible and that's all he did with our time one day so he isn't ready yet.

So Momma, I now only have one suit because I put the charcoal one in the dryer and the leg seam just ripped entirely :(. Maybe I'll just burn it for the two year mark :).

Well hopefully this week will be great for all and that all the plans will happen. Good luck with school and work and the wedding. I did the tie and the invitation/announcement and have been showing it to everyone! I was going to call and RSVP but figured this would be easier. ;).



Love Elder M ( they still cant pronounce my name)

P.S. Who's in our ward now?
--
2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment