Translate

Monday, August 29, 2016

IT'S REALLY, REALLY HOT . . .

August 29, 2016

Hi Yall!

So this week was pretty exciting and it was actually pretty good! We went to find a lot of people last week that are very less active and the ward has kind of given up on helping them come back to church. So me and Elder Benesh are pretty much now home teachers.:).

It been really hot down here and I just want to die because i'ts so hot. The coolest it got last week was on Wednesday and it was 85 with 80 % humidity. On Friday it was probably the hottest it's been the whole time I've been down here and it was 105 and 90 % humidity! I was drenched in my own sweat and it was really really gross.

This is what we made at the Happening. He looks
just like me, don't ya think?
Thursday we went to this event called the Happening, which was held at the university here called Valdosta State University. This is an event where clubs and organizations plus businesses come together and show the students what's happening in Valdosta this year:) We teamed up with the Sisters and the other Elders and went to this and presented the church to the students. Some were really interested in learning more, another just said that Jesus wasn't white. Again I really wanted to be sarcastic (just the way the south is) but figured it wouldn't get me anywhere besides the plane home.Then we went and ate at a members house and that was great:).

The time here has flown by really fast. It is the start of week six and I have been out on my mission 8 weeks (cause the 2 weeks I spent in the MTC). I love the work I am doing here and will most likely stay here for another 6 weeks to finish training:) Transfers are next week.

Love you all and hope you are doing great:)

Love Elder(Parker) M
Still most people cant pronounce my name :) Sorry dad
--
2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment