Translate

Monday, September 26, 2016

WE ARE STRONGER WITH THE LORD . . .

September 26, 2016

Hey Y'all,

Some things that I have been told and things that I have been through this past week have made me reflect on the things that I want to share with y'all. With being a missionary, Satan tries his hardest to make you feel very worthless and that no matter what you do you cannot make the day positive. I absolute love being in the South and I love the people, but sometimes it is a real struggle with cause everyone wants to believe but they all have different opinions on how the Savior looks and how he acts (don't know how they know the actions). The one lesson, out of many, that has stuck with me since being in Georgia is how much we need to trust in the Lord and seek His hands that are still extending! We need to stand in holy places and I am reminded of that everyday. The people we see don't see us as people with badges, they see us as representatives of Christ, even though sometimes not very nice things are said about us ;). We need not be afraid of what ifs. We need to think about the 'whens' and 'hows' we are going to rise up to those challenges with boldness and with bravery but with the Lords help in our everyday lives!!!!!!:) We need to stand tall and show people that no matter our size, shape, or color that we are representatives of the Lord!!!!!

SO this week has been really good. I told Elder Benesh that I felt we needed to go tracting (knocking on doors) and he said that we could. So we went on Wednesday to a neighborhood and most the people were open to learning about Jesus but they didn't want anything to do with "the Mormons". We decided that we just needed to keep trying and so that's what we did. We knocked on this house and a lady answered the door. We talked to her and she said that she had just gotten out of the hospital that day and that she was super tired. Elder Benesh started walking away and I said, "Ma'am, why were you in the hospital?" and she said, "cause I have breast cancer." I thought to myself wow everything does happen for a reason! She was pretty nervous about us and didn't really want anything to do with us. I said, "Well I had cancer twice when I was younger and she was like, "Wow you look really good for having cancer twice." She said give me two weeks to recover and then y'all can come back :). I felt so blessed to have had an opportunity to share my story (a little bit) and have someone feel more comfortable with us :). I was so pumped that night. I got down on my knees and prayed and thanked Heavenly father for the experiences that I have had in my life :).

The rest of the week was pretty good in that we were able to find some places to knock for this week and some people that we can go see as just individuals that could one day become members :) .

I love getting the letters from y'all and hearing about all the awesome things that y'all are doing back at home :). Garrett and Sean good luck in life and work this week and always remember that your Savior's love is ten fold. That goes for you too, Dylan. I know high school is tough and it doesn't get any easier cause Satan knows that you are trying your best but that just means you need to work so much harder :0. Mom, Dad keep being awesome parents! I know that we never had it easy growing up and that we were not always the easiest children to teach but we learned life long lessons from two of the best people in the world . I look at the lessons that we were taught about hard work and I see that in the mission life right now. It helps me know that where ever we are Satan will be there as well trying to make us take the easy way out but the Lord knows that we are much better than that and Satan wants to push us to test our faith.

Being positive has really helped me a lot this past week get through some hard things. I know that Satan tries and tries to pull missionaries down. I see that everyday and it is nice to know that the savior is always there for us, 24/7 -- everyday!


Love y'all so much!

The camel back is GREAT!!!
Love Elder McEwan

P.S. Thank you so much for the package! The camel back is working great when we ride our bikes.

--
2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment